Television Production Coordinator and Researcher
WSKG’s educational services, community engagement initiatives, television stations, radio stations, and website combined reach over 600,000 people living in a 21-county area. With a focus on both local and national news, arts, history, science, and youth content, WSKG is dedicated to the community it serves, and to the pursuit of innovation and excellence. Find out more about WSKG by visiting http://www.wskg.org and searching “annual report.” WSKG is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
This position is responsible for providing research and administrative support and coordination in all aspects of television content production in fulfillment of the organization’s mission. In this position, you will report to the director of operations, and:
- Maintain the production calendar/schedule and work closely with the production team to coordinate all content activities and overall production plan.
- Establish initial interview and talent contacts/leads in preparation for producers to begin work.
- Conduct research for specific projects under the guidance and direction of Director of Operations and Executive Producer.
- Provide support for special events, including live performances/tapings, membership events, premieres and on-site interviews.
- Assists in the coordinating, scheduling and reporting of the Production team meeting.
- Provide administrative support to the Television department.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree with a concentration in Business, Secretarial, Education or related field.
- At least five years of experience in a business setting.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to be self-directed and detail-oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work as a member of the team.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated computer skills, including Internet and web experience.
- Experience in a non-profit or educational environment.
- Strong community ties with knowledge of WSKG’s viewing areas.
- Experience in a production environment and/or knowledge of production equipment.
Interested candidates should send the following required documents:
- Cover letter (noting where this job announcement was found)
- Contact information for three professional references
Required documents may be e-mailed to Jobs@WSKG.org; or mailed to WSKG Public Media, Attn. Human Resources, 601 Gates Road, Suite 4, Vestal, New York, 13850. Review of applicants will continue until finalists are selected.