This episode of Connect: NY introduces the idea that a Constitutional Convention in New York could impact the issues surrounding how children are equitably educated, how the education system is funded and why collective bargaining plays an important role. Joining host Susan Arbetter for the conversation are:
- Dr. Rick Timbs, Executive Director, Statewide School Finance Consortium
- Tim Kremer, Executive Director, New York State School Boards Association
- Dr. Gerry Benjamin, Associate Vice President for Regional Engagement and Director of the Benjamin Center at SUNY New Paltz
- Dr. Peter Galie, Emeritus Professor of Political Science, Canisius College
- Richard Casagrande, General Counsel, New York State United Teacher
The show aims to give stakeholders across New York State a better understanding of education issues.
This episode of Connect: NY will air on WSKG TV Monday, September 19, 2016 at 9:00 p.m.