WSKG’s educational services, community engagement initiatives, television stations, radio stations, and website combined reach over 600,000 people living in a 21-county area. With a focus on both local and national news, arts, history, science, and youth content, WSKG is dedicated to the community it serves, and to the pursuit of innovation and excellence. Find out more about WSKG by reading its annual report. WSKG is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Current Job Openings:
Marketing & Digital Media Specialist
Marketing & Digital Media Specialist
The Marketing and Digital Media Specialist is responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating multi-layered marketing and digital strategies to fully leverage all aspects of the organization’s brand in support of its mission. In this position, you will report to the Director of Development and Marketing, and:
- Oversee a wide variety of communications initiatives designed to enhance the organization’s visibility in the community, ensuring consistent messaging and branding;
- Develop and execute a social media growth strategy, maintain a social media content calendar, and compile comprehensive digital media reports;
- Oversee and integrate all aspects of the organization’s digital presence;
- Work collaboratively with content producers to ensure the development of digital content via all digital distribution platforms so as to achieve the highest level of impact and return;
- Oversee the organization’s website editorially and strategically, including content, analytics, and staff responsibilities;
- Support professional development efforts of staff on social media and digital content tools, enabling staff to create the best content experience for online audiences;
- Ensure digital content and social media strategies and offerings remain current with advancements in platforms and responsive to audience content preferences;
- Work collaboratively with other internal departments to successfully plan, execute, and participate in TV, radio, and online member drives;
- Work constructively with colleagues in a creative, collaborative, cross departmental/cross project environment;
- Participate in WSKG fundraising activities as needed;
- Professionally represent WSKG in the community; and
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent experience
- Proficient data analysis skills
- Advanced degree in a related field
- Extensive knowledge of, and practical application experience with, website design skills and social media platforms (particularly as they related to increasing audience numbers and public awareness of services)
- Familiarity with public broadcasting’s national programming services (PBS, NPR, PRI, etc.)
Interested candidates should send the following required documents:
- Cover letter (noting where this job announcement was found)
- Three professional references with contact information
Required documents may be e-mailed to Jobs@WSKG.org or mailed to WSKG Public Media, Attn. Kim Pesko, Human Resources, 601 Gates Road, Suite 4, Vestal, New York, 13850, or faxed to 607-729-7328. Review of applicants will continue until finalists are selected.
WSKG Public Telecommunications Council, is a private non-profit corporation chartered by the Board of Regents of the State University of New York in association with the New York State Department of Education, and provides a public educational telecommunications service under the governance of a Board of Trustees which is selected from the communities served by the station. WSKG operates four TV channels (PBS, PBS Kids, World, Create) and two radio channels (WSKG and WSQX) with NPR that cover 21 counties in New York and Pennsylvania. For more information, visit www.wskg.org.