During a tech rehearsal of the theatre piece “Bitter Banquet” we will hear from Ithaca-based composer/performer Annie Lewandowski who is at home with both classical music and rock. We will learn about the journey from composition to performance, and how many people it takes to present a “one-woman” show.
A One-Woman Show? was produced by Bill Snyder and edited by Monica Sandreczki. Additional support comes from Nancy Coddington. Sarah Gager is our executive producer.
Looking for activities and resources to extend learning? Check out these:
- Investigate how sound occurs and is heard with this short video from Science Trek
- Make your own kazoo and feel the sound vibrations with this activity from Fetch!
- Job Play as an audio engineer with SCETV’s Know It All interactive series
- Learn about sound vibrations in this collection from VITAL NY Test Prep
- This Zoom video, Sound and Solids, helps student visualize sound waves
This episode features music from The Recycled Orchestra: