How is voice used in jazz? We’ll learn about improvisations, other vocal techniques, and listen to some big band singing. We will also hear from Catherine Gale, an Ithaca, NY based jazz singer and teacher.
Biddle De Bop was produced by Celia Clarke and edited by Gabe Altieri. Additional editing support comes from Monica Sandreczki. Sarah Gager is our executive producer.
Looking for extension activities based on this episode? Check out these resources compiled from public media:
- Writing a Dialogue | A Jazz Conversation Using Collective Improvisation
- Arthur’s Songbook includes six printable songbook sheets for classroom use
- In this PK-2 activity, sing and make music while learning to sound out one syllable word with Singing!
- Practice beats with Tic-Tac-Toe Hand Claps from Full Time Kid
- Prairie Public presents Musical Concepts – Drums an overview of percussion instruments
This episode features music from Sant Andreu Jazz Band.