Brian Manker went to school in upstate New York in the Endwell, Vestal, and Binghamton communities. He wanted to be a football player, but then he discovered
the cello. Now he’s the principal cello for the Montreal Symphony Orchestra. Produced by Bill Snyder.
Post-Listen Discussion Questions:
- Where did Brian Manker grow up?
- What instruments does Manker play?
- Describe experiences that influenced Manker to play music?
- What is the path that Manker took to become a professional musician?
- How does he describe the symphony orchestra and what it does?
Additional Resources from PBS LearningMedia: