WSKG Learn at Home TV
Our daytime programming schedule has been curated with PK-12 learners in mind!
- WSKG’s main channel airs programming M-F between 6 am-3 pm for learners in grades PK-2. The hours of 3pm-5pm are for learners in grades 3-5.
- WSKG KIDS 24/7 channel offers round-the-clock programming for PK-2 learners.
- WSKG WORLD is airing series geared toward students in grades 6-12 Monday through Friday between 12pm-5pm.
You may view, download, and print schedules here or by month as listed below:
Digital Learning Resources for PreK-12
To help teachers rapidly adapt, WSKG has developed collections of free digital learning resources that can be used with these TV broadcasts or on their own. These resources are hosted on PBS LearningMedia and include videos and lesson plans.
- Google folder with support materials curated by public media educators.
- PBS LearningMedia Collections
- PK-12 Resources for Emergency School Closings
- View the Webinar Recording: Tips for Distance Learning with PBS LearningMedia
- Distance Learning Tips From One Teacher to Another
Parents and Caregivers
Here are some ways to keep students engaged at home through public media.
- Tips to help frame educationally frame the television viewing experience. Download and print the worksheet here. Access this Google folder full of additional support materials here.
- PBS KIDS for Parents offers free resources and information from articles like How to talk with your kids about coronavirus to family learning activities. All PBS KIDS for Parents content is created by expert educators and child development professionals and vetted by PBS.
- Sign up for the PBS KIDS for Parents Daily Newsletter for tips, tools, and support while children are home from school
- Check out this list of free PBS KIDS Learning Apps
- Parents can also sign up for PBS LearningMedia to design at home learning across grade levels
- 10 Things to do with Your Kids at Home
- Get tips on how to balance screen time during school closures
- Mindshift gives Exercise Tips To Help Kids, Teens and Families Stay Balanced at Home