General John Patterson arrived in northern Broome County in 1791 to settle what originally called Patterson’s Corner’s, along the Tioughnioga and West Otselic Rivers. In 1802, Thomas and William Whitney settled in the new community, becoming the founders of the village of Whitney Point. The village was incorporated in 1871.
Funding provided by a grant from Empire State Development.
Path Through History: http://paththroughhistory.iloveny.com/
WSKG’s Path Through History: http://www.wskg.org/pth