- ProfileTanglewood Nature Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Our mission is to lead and support education and preservation efforts in our region to achieve a heightened awareness, understanding, enjoyment, and caring for our natural environment.
We strive to fulfill our mission every day by: maintaining over ten miles of trails, offering educational programming for children and adults, providing homes in our exhibits for more than 40 native and exotic animals, and welcoming over 35,000 visitors a year.
The Nature Center and Museum is always free to visit.
We appreciate your support in membership and in donations very much – thanks to you, our doors are open and admission is free to all.Special Offers during Social Isolation:
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we will hold our annual fund raiser virtually. By signing up for our first Trek for Tanglewood event, you will be supporting the preservation of over 300 acres of forever wild land and the education of 30,000 children on the wonders of the natural world.
How does it work?
- Register online! If you register by August 20th you're guaranteed a commemorative t-shirt, but you can register right up until the last day (October 1st). Registration requires a minimum participation fee of $30.
- Participate by hiking any distance at any location (Tanglewood offers almost 10 miles of hiking choice!) between September 17th and October 1st.
- Ask your family and friends to sponsor your hike. They can donate at the bottom of this page and enter your name in the comments field so we know they are sponsoring your hike 🙂
- A prize will be presented to the hiker who raises the most money for Tanglewood - they'll win an Empire pass to all NY state parks for a year!
Also, don’t forget to snap a picture while you are out and submit for a chance to win additional prizes!Address: 443 Coleman Ave
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.Phone: 6077326060