WSKG’s Holiday Harmonies third season continues with another hour of holiday standards. This episode features the unique talents of harp duet Enchantment and the golden voices of the Tabernacle United Methodist Church Choir. Lisa Craig Fenwick and Melissa Collins are Enchantment and their performances of “We Three Kings” and “Silent Night” provide an ethereal holiday soundtrack. The Tabernacle United Methodist Church Choir is based in Binghamton and they provide festive performances of “Once In Royal David’s City” and “Away in a Manger”. Be sure to watch until the very end as the two groups combine for a special performance of “Silent Night”.
Join WSKG for an hour of eclectic holiday music that will surely get you in the spirit of the season. The Kevin Dorsey Collective Trio features a jazzy vibe that turns every song they play into an arrangement that is uniquely their own. The Trio is Kevin Dorsey on electric bass, Thomas Bronzetti on electric guitar and William Pomares on flute. Performances include, “Let It Snow” and “We Three Kings”. The Valley Chorus is based in Northeast Pennsylvania and have been delighting audiences for almost sixty years.
WSKG presents another hour of festive tunes that will definitely get you in the holiday spirit. These performances were curated from the third season of Holiday Harmony programs, which were all filmed at the WSKG Studios. From full choirs (The Binghamton Downtown Singers) to a harp duet (Enchantment) to a group of holiday jazz singers (The Wyalusing Swing Choir) this program has got something for every fan of holiday music. Selections include “Do You Hear What I Hear?”, “I Saw Three Ships”, “The Wren Song”, and “Feliz Navidad”. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFc18lU_DBw
1) Binghamton Downtown Singers “Do You Hear What I Hear?”
Here comes another hour of festive songs courtesy of WSKG’s Holiday Harmonies! This hour takes a look back at the very best performances from the second season including “Hark! The Herald Angels Sing”, “While By My Sheep”, and “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year.” An eclectic array of performers include pianist Michael Patrick Phelan, The Binghamton High School Steel Drum Band and The Colgate University Chamber Singers. Sit back by the fire and warm your heart with this hour holiday classics.
Allow WSKG to get you in the Holiday spirit with a compilation of performances from our first season of Holiday Harmonies! Many timeless classics are included in this hour including, “Sing We Now of Christmas”, “Sleigh Ride” and “Jingle Bells”. Performers include the Madrigal Choir of Binghamton, the Whitney Point Aquila Chorus, Novo4tet and The Southerntiersmen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNcqewsVPFc
1) Madrigal Choir of Binghamton “Sing We Now of Christmas”
2) Novo4tet “Riu Riu Chiu”
3) Whitney Point Aquila Chorus “Sleigh Ride”
4) Milk and Honey “The Christmas Song”
5) Binghamton University Harpur Chorale “Al Hanissim”
6) Windsor Middle School 8th Grade Chorus “Come See The Lights”
7) Carousel Harmony Chorus “Christmas Chopsticks”
8) Bronzissimo “Carol of the Bells”
9) Madrigal Choir of Binghamton “Gaudete”
10) Novo4tet “Christmas Concerto”
11) Kaskeset “V’ahavta”
12) Horseheads High School Select Womens Chorus “Niska Banja”
13) Corning Community College Womens Ensemble “My Favorite Things”
14) The Southerntiersmen “Jingle Bells”
15) Union-Endicott High School Jazz Choir “A Holiday Jazz Trio”
16) Carousel Harmony Chorus “Santa Claus Is Coming To Town”
17) Whitney Point Aquila Chorus “Deck The Halls”
18) Madrigal Choir of Binghamton “Ding Dong Merrily On High”
19) Novo4tet “We Wish You A Merry Christmas”
All of the performances on this program were recorded in the 2007 Holiday Season and this program originally aired on WSKG-TV on December 9, 2010.