**The deadline for this project has passed. Thank you to everyone that participated!**
During this time of self-isolation, Broome County residents are invited to participate in ‘Artists’ Neighborhood’, an uplifting celebration of hope and community through the arts!
We’re looking for musicians (vocalists, instrumentalists, music groups, etc.) to share their best rendition of ‘Won’t You Be My Neighbor?’. Make a video of yourself and share with WSKG. Please use this video for inspiration (and for tempo/key). We should not be able to see or hear the “inspiration” video in your submission, nor any other copyrighted work. Only your original work should appear. WSKG has secured the rights for you to *perform* “Won’t You Be My Neighbor?” but not to incorporate the original video or its audio. A printable lyric sheet may be found here.
We’re looking for visual artists to interpret ‘Won’t You Be My Neighbor?’ in your own way. Share high-resolution jpeg images of your original art. Are you a dancer or performing artist? Make a video of yourself and share with WSKG. Again, you must be utilizing this video as your inspiration, but the video (or its audio) may not appear in your submission.
WSKG will be sharing this crowd-sourced content via social media, web, and television. Together, let’s share a positive message with our neighbors and place a spotlight on the arts in Broome County!
- Record the highest quality possible whatever technology you have
- Be sure to film focused on the artist(s) with focus on the performance
- Hold or place your recording device in landscape/wide orientation
- Be sure to rest the recording device on a surface to steady it
- Perform the entire song (don’t incorporate any of the Fred Rogers video or audio, just your original performance)
- Record video in your home/apartment
- Visual artists – original work only
Email email@example.com with questions
This project is supported by the Stewart W. and Willma C. Hoyt Foundation, Inc.