Chasing the Dream: An Introduction
On this first episode of Chasing the Dream, an overview and history of poverty in our area is explored. Natasha Thompson, host of the series and President & CEO of the Food Bank of the Southern Tier, discusses the role of philanthropy with Judith Peckham, Executive Director of the Conrad and Virginia Klee Foundation. The episode concludes with a story from a local community member chasing their own version of the American Dream.
Resources highlighted in this episode include:
- The United Way of Broome County
- The Rural Health Network of South Central New York
- Tioga Opportunities, Inc.
- Opportunities for Chenango, Inc.
- Catholic Charities of Chemung & Schuyler Counties
- Proaction of Steuben & Yates, Inc.
For a list of additional resources, please CLICK HERE.