In 1785, Dr. Platt Townsend, Robert and Gabriel North, William Furman, Joshua Pine and their families, left their homes in Long Island to settle a wilderness area along the West Branch of the Delaware River. The land was part of a large patent granted fifteen years earlier to New York businessman William Walton by King George III. Led by Dr. Townsend, the five families arrived, built log cabins and became the first settlers of what would later be known as “Walton.”
Funding provided by a grant from Empire State Development.
Path Through History: https://paththroughhistory.iloveny.com/
WSKG’s Path Through History: https://www.wskg.org/pth